EVAC is in the process of adding a Junior High Baseball team this year.
This will be a spring sport. It will overlap some with basketball, we will work through those issues for any athlete currently playing basketball who is interested in also playing JH baseball.
Because this is a new sport for EVAC, we plan to hold a Parents Meeting early in January before tryouts to make sure everyone interested understands what to expect. Please make sure to have at least one parent attend this meeting if your athlete is interested in trying out for this team. As is always the case, we need help from everyone to make this work. EVAC is a volunteer organization and especially for new sports, we will be looking for individuals and families that can help in a variety of ways. If you are able to help, send a note to Tonya Davidsaver (Asst A.D.) at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in participating in skills camps and tryouts for this sport, please contact Tonya Davidsaver (Asst A.D.) at email@example.com to add your name to the list. If you have already indicated interest in this sport, you do not need to do so again.
Rough timeline of activities
· January 3 – Parents Meeting (This will be a combined meeting for both Varsity Boys Volleyball and JH Baseball)
· Early/Mid January – Skills Camps (multiple sessions)
· Late January – Tryouts
· Early February – Practices begin (we will work with basketball coaches to minimize overlap with basketball activities)
· March – Games begin (most games will be after March Gladness basketball tournament but there may be a few that occur before that trip
· Late April – Regular season ends and Playoffs begin
Parents Meeting Logistics:
TENTATIVE LOCATION: Sovereign Grace Church. Look for a separate eblast during the holidays to finalize logistics.